Monday 12 July 2010

Split Card with Flutterbys!



This card was quite simple to make but looks very effective. Give it a go and see how you get on.
SHOPPING LIST
Here's what you need to make this card:
  • Pre-scored cardstock blank in a light green colour (I think they're Craft Addicts but don't quote me on that!)
  • Divide the card mentally into three and cut off one third from the right hand edge, don't throw this away as you'll need it later on!
  • Add mirri card to the connected side of the card and the separated side
  • Add swirly background paper slightly smaller than the mirri card onto each section
  • Add in a sentiment (in this case, it says "Thanks") to both sides of the card section - I used two flutterbys and one sentiment to make it stronger - I also added a ribbon in the tag to give it an element of specialness (is that a word?!?!?!)
  • Add flutterby embellishments (these are Papermania ones) with one wing on each side of the card and there you have it, the card is back in one piece but looks quite spectacular!

As these cards have already been made I can't upload any 'make it as you go' images to show you, but this will come when my 'current charity stash photos' have been uploaded so you can see how I do things.

Have fun!

1 comment:

Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.