Wednesday 7 July 2010

For the Doctors you know....

This card was made for a special friend of mine who is a Doctor and this time I wanted to make something totally different so went for the Doctors coat which they wear all the time. It even had a stethoscope and syringe in the pocket!

I made the shirt from blue cardstock and made a snazzy tie to match. Not bad for a 'design it yourself' type card huh.

I'd found some "medical" 3D stickers and they were perfect for this! The details will follow in the ingredients if you find they could be useful for someone you know.

INGREDIENTS
  • White cardstock for the Doctors coat using a gatefold style folding (I think that's what it's called anyway!)

  • Blue cardstock for the shirt (from my stash)

  • The tie was made from a small piece of embossed white card with gold diamonds on it - perfect!

  • Stickers (x-ray, syringe, stethoscope etc) called Craft Work Craft Stickers and are from a company in Hertfordshire. That's the only information on the packaging, sorry.

  • Inside the shirt I added an x-ray sticker to the left hand side and on the right side made a sentiment using scalloped circles matted and layered and used peel offs for the actual sentiment

Perfect for any Doctor or Lab Worker that you may know. Or even could be used as a Congratulations card for a medical graduate.


Have fun!

3 comments:

Jo said...

very clever! a great card Karen! *claps*

Di said...

I agree with Jo - it's great :)

Di said...

Di again

I saw these stickers in my local fabric shop today - shoppping for curtain stuff not crafty bits though :(

Just say if you want some more Di x