Friday 16 July 2010

Charity Cards - Oriental Style

My lovely friend Di sent me some printed images of these gorgeous Chinese ladies in kimonos. I had a think about what I could do and came up withe the following ideas......

Each one is coloured slightly differently and with different embellishments. Once made I thought of making a box for them and putting six in each and they would make great "Notelet Sets" - what do you think?
I also had some fans on there so I used them in different ways too.

SHOPPING LIST


Here's what you need to make these cards:


  • Backing papers were taken from a cardmaking magazine I'd had for ages - ideal for oriental cards I thought!
  • Gold/red ribbon which was in my stash
  • I used my paper crimper (bought from The Works many many moons ago for £2) to make the plain cardstock background
  • All the images were coloured using Glitter Pens (Sainsburys) and then covered in Anita's Glossy Accent liquid and left to set - really shows the black hair up well
  • Red tiny ribbons on the hair came from an old "Make Your Own Christmas Cards" set from Tesco I won in a raffle!
  • Creative Craft Pearls - again from Tesco were used on the ribbon - I thought it made it look more oriental - what do you think?
  • Silver mirri card was used on the sentiments to make them stand out more
  • Silver crinkly ribbed card (Kids Craft Section!) just cut to size
  • The tiny diamond gems on some of the fans came from, believe it or not, a bra!

It's amazing what ribbons and gems can be found on clothes before wearing! You'll be looking at everything in a new way now.....go on admit it...!

1 comment:

Di said...

These are adorable Karen! I love the way you've taken the simple images and really added your own twist. I think maybe too nice to be sold in packs - quite a lot of work must have gone into each one. Mind you, anyone would be delighted to buy/send/receive these cuties! Di x