A special card for my Aunt who was 80 - you'd never have guessed would you?!?!?!?!
It's my first attempt at a Word Book so I wanted to keep it fairly simple and think (hope!) it achieved it's aim. I love making cards for special people and put a lot of effort into them, I usually make them in advance rather than last minute as fatigue often slows me down.
- Pearlised ruby coloured card, with the corners rounded with a small Woodware Punch.
- Pink starry and flower paper, downloaded from a Crafters Companion CDROM
- Cuttlebug both items, the ruby card with embossed roses and embossed stars on the stars (if you see what I mean!)
- I made the numbers and letters using my PC printed straight onto white cardstock
- The flowers are Prima and were given to me
- Sentiment was from my good friend Diane, I think they're from http://www.craftworkcards.co.uk
- Butterflies came from my stash and I 'blinged' them up with Stickles glitter glue (Stardust)
- Holes were punched at the side and I used pastel ribbon to keep them together
- Gemstones (from Diane again!) are called "Bling" and come in various colours and sizes
If you'd like some help in creating a Word Book, let me know!