Wednesday 22 June 2011

It's Birthday time for Gill...

I made this card especially for Gill.  She makes me lots of cards to take to the cancer charities/hospices along with mine which makes the donation look really special, the more there are!

I used my last sheet of the blog candy win on this card, and added some gold brads and a new ribbon I got (99p another bargain!).  I always try to get a colour that will go with most cards I make to get the best use out of it. 

The pink edging is from part of my Christmas presents from Di - they are all white, but I coloured them with my promarkers.  I'd love to have a die of several of them so I can make more.  Will have to keep an eye out and also add it to my ever growing wish list!

Anyway I hope you like this card.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Gill said...

Lovely to see my lovely card on your blog. I did wonder what edging you had used and how. I have it on my notice board by my computer and it look lovely, Many thanks again.

Jacki Daniels said...

Sweet card Karen love the image and colouring and the layout and embellies are gorjuss
Jacki xx

Karen said...

Thanks for your lovely comments ladies, so pleased you like my little bear. Keep following for more new ideas and freebies!

Di said...

Spain calling! Gorgeous card Karen - and I know where there are some more of those strips. Will send you some when I get back home and dive into my stash! I colour them with PMs too. Have you tried making your own 'mats' using a PM round the edge. Great if you don't have a bit of paper or card the right colour - and also for picking up colours from images. Hasta la vista! Di xx