Tuesday 31 May 2011

Penny Black - Flying....

I just love this little kitty flying off on his kite!  How cute is he.....

I kept if fairly simple, some cloud background paper, a circle cut with a die (I think Di said it's a Quickkutz one).  I printed out the kitty once on the circle and then stamped an extra tail and a kite onto some coloured paper I had just lying around!!!

Had a bit of a problem stamping this kitty as it's bigger than the one acrylic block I own, so I had to improvise and I've used the lid off a well known chocolate box that I was given for Christmas a couple of years ago.  I was storing some craft bits in it, but now it has a new lease of life as a stamping block!  Bit painful on the fingers, but it works, after a fashion as they say!

I made the white cloud by embossing swiss dots using the CB, hand cut the cloud and added a blue line around it to match the background paper, not sure if I like it or not yet, it's growing on me!  I then used small foam pads to give it some dimension. Something different......well kind of, it's still a kitty....ooops.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Di said...

Hi Karen. Love this, kitties are always welcome on your cards!! The die is Quickutz I'm sure. And am so impressed at your inventiveness re,. the stamping block. The cloud is perfick too:)) Di x

Gill said...

Hi Karen,
LKove this card, it's really cute. You can use an old CD case as a stamping block, but I bet you had eaten the chocs anyway!!!

Ambreen said...

Thumbs up for the work...hey i was just wondering if you use the concept of clouds in any other card...how about a bolt of lightening with silver glitter...or if there is sun in the card....how about some silver glitter for rays...
love you work as always...

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

House Mouse was my first love, then Penny Blacks other animals, and the rest is history. Again, I love your layout....what fun!