Friday 6 January 2012

A little bit of crafting done....

Happy New Year to everyone - I hope you all had a good time and got some lovely crafty presents too!  Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me during this problem time with my health.  It;'s not over yet but at least I've done some crafting!
Back to some gentle crafting after a lonngggggg break.  I'm not back doing much yet due to the DVT in my leg, but I tried making these Thank You Cards and they came out OK.
I used my PATP bargain I got before Christmas.  I'm so pleased it's working better now and I can just about do it with my carpal tunnel riddled hands.  I have to take lots of breaks, which is fine as it gives me a chance to go on a wander around to keep the DVT happy!

I had loadssssss of lovely crafty goodies for Christmas so hopefully you will be seeing some of them soon when I can do a bit more when sitting.  I just have to be careful, as I'm sure you all understand.  I don't want to take too many risks with the DVT, but it won't stop me crafting totally which is the main thing.

Whilst I've been off the "Card making" I've still been crafting, and have been making crocheted blankets for the local Animal Shelter, and took many christmas paper wrapped parcels to them, along with some food all wrapped up too for the animals.  It all helps and I don't mind being called a mad cat woman!!  Well sometimes I don't!

4 comments:

Di said...

Lovely cards Karen - I've got one here :)) Di x

Gill xx said...

Lovely card Karen - i've got the other one here: added to my collection.
Great

Di said...

Hi Karen, re. your WOYWW comment on my blog today. You saw the paper rose making tutorial thingy in 2010 on my blog and commented - back in the days when I only had you as a follower :)) Thought I'd re-post it now there are a few more visitors. Di xx

Sarn said...

Oh dear Karen . . .you do sound quite poorly. I'm amazed that you managed to craft at all, esp with the carpal tunnel syndrome. You are an inspiration.

Sending virtual hugs your way. xxx